Photo: Wigwam Motel, Arizona, 2005
June 16, 2015
I’m thrilled to be in the beautiful Steven Kasher Gallery until July 31 with work from the early years with LIFE and Magnum, and into the ’80s. The curation of so much diverse work and the sensitive presentation in his gallery is one the highlights of my life.
Even now, working often with large format and color (and still loving B&W), the formative ideas and achievements recognized in this show are the backbone of all that I do.
I especially appreciate the capacity for humor, and the twinkle in the eye of Steven Kasher that seems so like how I feel when out there in this country that I love so much.
Thanks to everyone at the Steven Kasher Gallery!
Feel free to peruse the links below for what others are saying about the gallery show:
- New York Times — Burk Uzzle’s American Puzzles
- Time Magazine — See Photographer Burk Uzzle’s Beautiful Chaos
- CNN — Uzzle’s ‘Puzzles’: ‘You can’t make this stuff up’
- Steven Kasher Gallery — Burk Uzzle’s American Puzzles
- Art Daily — American Puzzles: Major exhibition of works by Burk Uzzle opens at Steven Kasher Gallery
- The Southern Photographer